6 Ways to Add Custom Wood Furniture to Your Home
If you can use barn doors for your pantry or reclaimed shiplap to cover your living room wall, then why can't you use it for your furniture?
Things like custom dining room furniture can be a great way to not only bring the room together, but also the family as well. Here are some great ideas to get you going:
- Use reclaimed barn wood to make a stunning and completely unique headboard. Design the board layout any way you like, including different types of layering or board directions.
- End tables are a great way to add a personalized touch to your living room. Add accents of wrought iron for an industrial rustic look or add carved accents to give it even more personality.
- Custom home office furniture is another great way to add some ambiance to your home office. According to a recent survey, 64% of people said they would be willing to spend an extra 5% or higher on ergonomic furniture and office design. If you're a person who works from home often, then giving your work space a little something extra is the perfect way to feel comfortable and at ease during your work day.
- Living rooms are wonderful places to show off your style, so a beautifully hand crafted coffee table is the perfect piece to showcase. You can add an extra bit of custom with glass, pictures, or anything else that you want your guests to notice.
- Bar stools and benches are commonly sourced out pieces because they make small yet powerful additions to any home's decor. Benches can go in the foyer, living room, game room, or anywhere else people might just want to take a seat. Bar stools are great for kitchen islands or optional seating for amenities like billiards tables. Or just stunning decorative pieces!
- Custom dining room furniture is another great opportunity for a focal piece that guests can admire and for you to be proud of. Dining room tables are something to beautifully bring together your eating area, whether it's thanksgiving or just a Wednesday night family dinner. Create the table from a single live piece of oak or have it made from purely reclaimed wood with a clean finish. Other pieces of custom dining room furniture could be things such as the seating for the dining room table or wooden wall hanging accents that add pops of the same color tone and texture you created with your table.
With so many endless possibilities it can be hard to find what works in your home. Try experimenting in different rooms and find a local woodworking craftsman to find out just how limitless the wood furniture options are.